Tuesday, February 01, 2005

I-pod angst

Feeling very groggy and bleary eyed today. I was up til gone midnight last night importing my cd collection onto my laptop to transfer to my new, beautiful, ipod. It really is a thing of beauty. I brought it home and just sat on the sofa for ages, stroking it. It's the little things in life, isn't it? Scrappino looked at me like I was mad. I debated for ages in John Lewis on whether to get the mini or the regular. In the end I decided (okay, the chap in the store convinced me) to opt for the regular. Then I had to decide whether to go for the 5,000 songs or the 10,000. Yep, you guessed it. 10,000 songs it is. By 12.13 am yesterday I'd transferred 145 songs. So I still have room for 9855 more. Are there 9855 more songs?? If I listen to all 10,000 songs how old will I be by the end? I reckon by the time I get to the end of the listing my taste will have completely changed and I won't want to go back to the beginning anyway.

I listened to the first few tracks I'd transferred on the way into work. But I was convinced someone was going to mug me (those white earphone leads are so bloody obvious). I stared at all my fellow passengers in turn, giving them shifty glances for the entirety of my journey in. I'd worked up a sweat by the time I got to work. I even worried that someone would lift it while I nipped to the loo. And I only needed the toilet because I'd spent the morning panicking nervously about becoming a London crime statistic. They don't tell you that on the apple website do they?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home