Tuesday, February 14, 2006

VD!

It is Valentines Day. Or, as I like to abbreviate it, VD. (This year, it falls one day after Tu Bishvat which, by rights, I should abbreviate to TB, but that would be silly.The analogy ends there. Whereas TB passes by without anyone trying to forcefeed me fruit, I cannot move in London today without being bombarded with flowers, roses and heart shaped chocolate.)

Anyway, last year I complained bitterly about the shoddy service provided by Her Majesty's Royal Mail which managed to lose ALL the Valentines cards that had been sent to me. Luckily, someone seems to have taken notice, because this year, the Mail has been fined a whopping £11.4m for losing thousands of items of post. And I'm hanging on to the deluded notion that my many VD cards and love letters are lost with them.

Just in case the delusion is exactly that (and I have the M&S dinner for one ready, just in case) I have decided to send myself a card. I've whittled it down to these two. It's currently a toss up (no VD pun intended) between this one...



and this one ...



Let me know which one you prefer…

8 Comments:

Blogger tafka PP said...

It has to be the second one. Genius!

4:42 pm  
Blogger Elster said...

Number one. Succinct and to the point.

5:44 pm  
Blogger Ezzie said...

#1.

9:59 pm  
Blogger R.x said...

PP - You're right. In this current climate, I don't like to say that a cartoon can sometimes hit the nail on the head. But in this case, it really does. Roll on old age in the cat menagerie...

Elster and Ezzie - thanks for your 'votes'. Sometimes, a single girl just has to shout back to the smug-marrieds, and Valentines Day seems the perfect time to do it.

12:36 pm  
Blogger MC Aryeh said...

As with the duvet dilemma, I can see merit in both positions. That said, #1 all the way!!!

So...which did you end up choosing?

6:07 am  
Blogger R.x said...

MC - you won't be surprised to know that Yerachmiel had no clue what the abbreviations on #1 stand for. And Sheinkeit decided it was wisest not to tell him...Actually, I didn't need to send myself a card after all, because I received one from somebody else. A long story for another time...

10:10 am  
Blogger MC Aryeh said...

Not sure if I should admit this, but it took me about a day before I realized what STFU stood for. I kept trying to figure it out - it was driving me crazy. At one point I settled on Stop Talking, Faffing and Ululating before arriving at the actual answer. Sad but true...hoping the long story for another time will be your next entry....

6:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its all academic now, you've received a card...looking forward to hearing more!!!
Do you know who sent it, did you send him one??
Please Rx don't keep us waiting too long.
One last thing i was browsing through some other blogs the other day and came across www.lifebutnotasweknowit.blogspot.com obviously a new blog ...seems quite funny thought might be up your alley.
HFG xx

11:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home